Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Sudbury talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
While trends may come and go and one SEO expert may disagree with another, some of the basic principles of good search engine optimisation will always remain the same and most experts will agree that in 2017 content will still be king.
Content will still be king
Some SEO experts talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
User intent optimisation
As users have become more internet savvy and search engines become have more sophisticated, the search phrases that people use have become more precise. Short keyword phrases will still be important, but website owners and SEO experts will need to be more aware in 2017 of exactly what users are searching for and not just the short-tail keywords that were included in a search.
Structured data markup
You will, no doubt have noticed that, if you ask a question on Google, you will often see the answer displayed directly at the top of the of the results page. These snippets and rich answers are taken directly from websites and they are being increasingly used by Google. To increase the chances of your website being used to display the answer to a question in 2017, you will need to add structured data markup to your website.
Mobile optimisation has been an important factor in search engine ranking 2016 and it will continue to be a major SEO trend in 2017. Google takes mobile accessibility into consideration when they rank websites now, but in 2017, some SEO experts are predicting that mobile optimised sites will always appear above sites that have been designed solely for the desktop.
Some SEO experts are predicting that "dense content" will take the place of long drawn out content in 2017, which is partly due to the rise in the use of mobile devices. Whereas in the past people have debated what the minimum word count of an SEO effective post should be, in 2017, it could be the information density of a post that becomes more important or, in other words, the maximum amount of information, in the smallest amount of space.
There will also be a continued increase in the use of voice searches, so website owners and SEO experts will need to start thinking more about how a person will ask a question verbally than how they would type it, and the two can be very different. As more people become familiar with using personal digital assistants, so voice searching will become more the norm.
Of course, no one can accurately predict what Google and other search engines have planned for 2017, but these are the SEO trends that will play a part in the way that search engine optimisation is likely to go.
What is for sure is that the days of publishing a website and hoping for the best are long gone. If you want your website to get noticed in 2017, you simply can't afford to ignore the latest SEO trends.
SEO Firm - How Should You Choose a Good One?
You would have surely heard about, or even probably had already used, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) firms if you own a website or an online, e-commerce business. These SEO companies offer a host of services that help in enhancing and driving more online traffic to your site and that, in turn, would increase your business revenues through higher conversion rates owing to the increasing number of potential customers visiting your site.
Let's now analyze a few vital points to determine what should be your criteria for finalizing upon a good SEO firm to cater to your needs.
Numerous SEO firms claim to provide the best possible services for their customers. How do you know for sure that a SEO company does what it claims and zero upon a good SEO firm? The following pointers will help you to identify and choose a good SEO service.
1. Ensure that SEO services are listed high on searches using popular search engines. Unethical (also referred to as black hat) SEO firms would have been blacklisted by the search engines for using various manipulative techniques to achieve a high ranking, some examples of which would include link farms, using hidden text for keywords, deploying doorway or gateway pages.
2. Check for the specific tactics (like researching keywords and SEO copywriting) that they will be using for website optimization and get direct replies and commitments on this. In case you get evasive replies, it's best you start discussing with another SEO company.
3. Ensure that they use genuine and ethical (also referred to as white hat) SEO techniques and do not use unethical techniques that violate search engine policies. Do note that a few other techniques like using per-per-click to get you to the first page, cannot be classified as genuine or true SEO techniques.
4. Verify their testimonials and references from clients and evaluate the feedback given. You can also check how their previous clients rank on the popular search engines. You may even email the webmasters of their previous clients and check whether they were satisfied with the services of the SEO firm that you are now in discussions with.
5. In addition to the primary SEO services and techniques for improving your site's ranking among well known search engines, a lot of support services are needed to monitor progress and maintain your site's rank. Verify and ensure that the SEO firms offer you with support services like index tracking and rank tracking. They should also offer monthly SEO reports detailing progress, periodically optimizing your site to keep pace with any algorithm changes effected by search engines.
6. Obtain competitive quotes from good SEO firms and check whether you are getting a good bargain.
Hope this small primer on choosing a SEO firm is of use to you!