Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Stouffville talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
Long tail keywords, whether they happen to be related to insurance or any other business, are typically a three to five word search phrase, though they can be a longer and highly specific search term. These phrases can be relatively broad or extremely narrow, as internet users seek relevant content when searching for information, products and services. Google and Bing search bots index website information including Meta and on page content, and when users enter search phrases, the engines subsequently display their search results allowing users to navigate to the relevant pages (SERP).
Engines offer both organic and paid results, allowing users to select those responses they deem most germane to their query. What does this mean to the average insurance agency, broker or carrier? Insurance agents and brokers need to determine the long tail keyword phrases applicable to their organization and optimize their website for those phrases. Some insurance SEO long tail keyword examples include:
- New Mexico Truck Insurance
- Arizona Machine Shop Insurance
- New York Restaurant Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Florida Property and Commercial Insurance
- New York Coastal Condominium Insurance
The more keywords included in a phrase and the more specific the term, the narrower the results, and the less frequently that term is searched. Conversely, the shorter the phrase (auto insurance for example), the broader the results, and the greater the competition for the phrase. It's important to note that the on page insurance SEO optimization is only part of the job. For effective insurance SEO, off page optimization is extremely important including news releases, social media marketing and ePublishing. Effective long tail research and optimization can and will result in improved insurance website traffic, and when combined with an up to date website and advanced insurance website tools, should translate into an increased book of business.
How does the Google Penguin and other algorithm shifts impact your insurance SEO and long tail keyword initiatives? These types of algorithm shifts were directed at websites that violate Google's Webmaster Guidelines. The algorithm shifts account for greater emphasis on original content and social media than back link popularity. Further, insurance organizations which were focused heavily on backlink building, link swapping and directory submissions, often in pursuit of broader keyword phrases were adversely impacted by this shift. These algorithm shifts actually favor long tails keywords, as the content surrounding those keywords should be very specific, and thus very relevant to both users and search bots (search engine indexing engines). As Google, Bing and other search engines continue efforts to deliver more relevant content, quality content and focus on long tail keywords should be the mantra for an effective insurance SEO initiative.
Though organic insurance SEO and social media marketing is an important aspect of insurance marketing, insurance organizations seeking to rapidly build their pipeline will find the fastest path to B2B insurance lead generation remains insurance eMarketing and appointment setting calls. B2B insurance marketing often requires targeting a very specific niche, carrying a specific value proposition to a predetermined title or titles. For example, an insurance agency might want to discuss restaurant insurance or business interruption policies with dining and entertainment establishments. Though effective use of insurance SEO for this target market is important, agents and brokers should remember that insurance SEO initiatives are only one tool for insurance agency lead generation. Insurance SEO initiatives should be complemented with insurance eMarketing and appointment setting campaigns to ensure optimum lead generation attainment.
Search Engine Optimization - The Basics
SEO is a complex of measures aimed to improve the position of the site in search engines result.
The Internet users regularly look for the information about products or services. The purpose of this search is often the desire to make a purchase or request a service. The user enters the search query and receives back a list of links to the sites that meet his request. In most cases, the user looks through the first result page, TOP10. This raises the question of how to get into TOP10?
The fact is that the order of the search results is generated by the certain rules. The more the site matches the user's request, the higher is the place where the link to this website is displayed. By optimizing the site so that it could be better adjusted to the algorithm search engine, you can raise its position on the pages of the search results. It will increase the number of visitors, and along with it - the number of orders.
SEO can help to achieve the following objectives:
- having a few financial expenses and little time, you can still attract to the Internet sales floor a significant number of potential buyers from the major search engines;
- provide a substantial increase in the numbers of references from the website: phone calls, emails, applications and orders;
- as a result - increase the sales and of course the profit of the company; make the business successful and competitive;
The optimization of your website for the search engine consists of several stages:
1. Website auditing
- composing the semantic core (choosing the requests for the development) - the analysis of the real needs of the potential customers in search engines to effectively attract the interested visitors;
- researching the competitors' websites, which will help to build a correct search engine optimization strategy at a lowest cost;
- analyzing the website traffic and giving the recommendations to improve the conversion of the visitors into the customers;
2. Work out a strategy to develop your site
If you want to achieve the effective results - compare the goals of the website's development and the results of the audit, determine the best methods of operation and use of the existing factors - the current state of the resource and its positions in search engines.
3. The inner optimization
This stage involves working directly with the site:
- removing the technical defects that negatively affect the development of the resource, correcting the structure and navigation;
- analyzing and correcting the texts considering the check for plagiarism and keyword density; the necessary condition to promote your site is the right keywords and key phrases in the text;
- changing the HTML-code, correcting the meta tags (title, description, keywords);
4. The outer optimization
This stage involves working with the factors that affect the position from the outside:
- purchasing and smart placement of the links to a site selected on the basis of the chosen requests; increasing in the total reference/link weight; checking the links for the efficiency and competitiveness;
- binding the website to the development area - correcting and clarifying the contact information;
5. Maintaining he optimization results
Maintaining the results means a constant search of opportunities for growing and strengthening the results, the development and implementation of the improvements.
The purpose of the search engine optimization is to create the necessary conditions for its further development. A slight inaccuracy in the structure of the site or its content may negatively affect the development. The internal optimization will make the site attractive for the search engines and users, and create favorable conditions for the further development of the site.