Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Prince George talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
SEO or search engine optimization is the process of improving or increase the quality and quantity of traffic to your website via search engine organic result listings. This means that the higher your site ranks on the organic search results, the more traffic you will get from search engines.
Out of all search engines, Google has the biggest market share. This explains why many webmasters and business owners want their websites to rank high on Google. To achieve high rankings on Google is not impossible - you just need to know how to optimize your website. In this article, let me share with you some tips to achieve high rankings on Google through SEO.
1. Optimize your websites for short and long tail keywords. If you are offering cleaning services in Chicago, you may want to optimize keywords like "cleaning services Chicago" and "office cleaning Chicago". This will attract the right people to visit your website and increase your conversion rate. Google optimization is all about relevancy. So just make sure that the keywords you optimize is relevant to the content of your website.
2. Purchase a domain name early. The age of your domain name plays an important role when it comes to Google optimization. The longer the domain name has been around, the more Google is going to like you. So choose a domain name properly to ensure you don't change it after a year. If not, all the optimization effort will go down the drains.
3. Make sure that your website is search engine friendly. Don't use frames or flash to build your website. Go for simple HTML or PHP sites with cleaning coding. If your website has a lot of pages, make sure you include a sitemap.xml so that GoogleBot can index all pages on your website.
4. Place important keywords within your content and your Title tag. It is extremely important to place important keywords in Title tag. The Title tag is like the Title of a book. If you come across a book without a proper title, you will not understand what it is about. This is the same for search engines. If you want Google to index your site and rank it high for important keywords, you must first ensure that Google knows what your site is about. You can do it by writing proper titles for every page of your website.
5. Build links. It is important to get other sites to link back to your website if you want to achieve high rankings on Google. With more back links, Google will see your site as popular and reward you with high rankings. Some of ways to get back links are article submission, directory submission, social book marking, commenting on blogs and forum posting.
SEO Firm - How Should You Choose a Good One?
SEO services providers need to be on top of their game by providing optimum solutions on search engines, and at the very minimum, be at par with other recognized contemporaries in the field. Their search engine optimization techniques must be based on an intricate research and analysis of the specific industry domain, whilst also following a well-structured, stepwise process. They furthermore need to follow a partnership approach where the client's operational goals is a major consideration, and then develop and manage the business accordingly.
The following 4-step SEO Services Provider Strategy is suggested;
1 - Pre-Action Analysis: As a first step, understand the extent of the brief. The r website is analyzed for Search Engine friendliness on various accounts like HTML code, design, navigation, orphan pages, broken links, tags, usability etc. This is helpful in locating a website on any web-measurement scale and gives a perfect idea of the work done and work further needed.
2 - Progression: After understanding the nature of your client's operation, their goals and competition, the progression involve 5 major stages of the Search Engine Marketing:
a. Keyword Analysis
b. Content Syndication
c. HTML compatibility check
e. Other methods like email marketing, affiliate marketing, etc.
3 - Recommendations: Subsequent to the detailed analysis and strategizing, the next step is the organized and expert development and recommendation of a proposal or POA (Plan of Action). This shall also take into account the budgets and services recommendations for the website, including the organizational, operational & business goals.
4 - Plan Initiation & Implementation: Following the recommendations and mutually agreed plan of action, the developed strategies are clearly demarcated and assigned. Where necessary a respective team is assigned to work in full coordination, and an aggressive approach is taken to implement the same. A fortnightly report is maintained on the status of implements done and a feasibility is checked side-by-side.
It is essential to understand that the fundamentals of SEO are about improving both the volume and quality of traffic to a website on any of the major search engines. A targeted set of keywords around the base of the product or service on offer is optimized with regards to their compatibility with any specific search engine. This can certainly be done via both a natural or organic, and paid searches. The huge advantage Search Engine Optimization is the capability of targeting at different kinds of searches, which could include industry-specific vertical search engines, local searches, and even image search as well.
The ultimate idea is to grow a website's relevance on the web through search engines, which in turn needs to form the basis of a sustained online marketing strategy. SEO aims to improve a website's technical appearance and make them friendly in the eyes of the search engine robots, and thereby attract more visitors to the landing page of the website.
Search Engine Services providers must have an expert team of consultants who shall carry out SEO projects that meet the professional online needs of their clients. Their services must not only be a stand-alone but also form a part of a holistic online marketing campaign.
Many service providers within the SEO arena, are good at developing highly technical solutions like source code and site design but lack other skills like content writing and management. It is your unfailing duty as a client to ensure that you do get your money's worth, by going with a provider who can offer a one-stop but affordable SEO service especially if you are a small business owner.