Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Prince George talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
The digital space is brimming with ever-growing opportunities and your business should not miss out on those. You need to have a viable online marketing strategy in place to build the base and grow the business. Your marketing strategy should include paid and organic searches together to lay a solid foundation for the future and gain immediate results. From SEO to PPC to SMO, every technique should be leveraged to the core to not let advantages slip by.
At the same time, you have to achieve business targets in the set budget together with enjoying a greater degree of flexibility in every aspect of the market. As your business can't afford to avail the costly advertising or marketing channels such as TV, print, radio and magazine etc., you need to find something that suits your budgetary capability. This is where digital marketing comes into the picture, as it brings cost-effectiveness, simplicity and measurability benefits together.
In addition, digital marketing gives you the advantage of knowing every aspect of the promotion. From clicks to visits to views to costs to conversions, you're aware of each and every aspect which brings a greater flexibility of tweaking and twisting the marketing campaigns. You can know the age, sex, gender and location of online users who are associated with your business in whatever capacity. Above all, your business finds a wider market to cater and this leads to the achieving of more prospects.
Similarly, you can blog regularly to inform, enrich and entertain users and seek prospects out of them. You can run email marketing campaigns and use Google Analytics to get a better understanding of the market. And then, there is the option of benefiting from social media and its ever-rising user base. Once your business makes its presence on social platforms, it finds the opportunity of connecting and communicating with users or target audience in a real-time basis.
More so, digital marketing makes your business and its elements more visible on the internet, and this enhanced visibility helps in brand awareness and brand development. More people are finding you on the internet, and this leads more trust to build. All this gives a boost to lead generation opportunities, which is surely one of the goals of your business. That apart, your level of engagement with the customer gets a big boost which ultimately benefits your business more.
In a sense, digital marketing makes your business activities on the internet. It solidifies its presence across channels in the digital space. And once the visibility is improved, more people visit your website, read about your products, show interest in your services and ultimately become prospects for your business. This is how the entire digital marketing cycle works to transform your business completely.
With so much to gain, it'd be a surprise if you did not hire the services of digital marketing experts. Hiring only experts means you understand the significance of digital marketing. And once you don't hire skilled professionals, your business may not be able to achieve what it so desperately wants.
SEO Tips - How to Achieve High Rankings on Google Through SEO
When I started doing SEO years ago it required very little effort to have a web site ranked in first place on the search listings. All you needed to do was to be sure to included your key phrase in the right on-page tags on the web page. All these on-page elements are still mandatory and pertinent, which is the reason on-page Search Engine Optimization has changed hardly at all; you will still have to tell the major search engines just what your page is focused on.
However it's the off-page SEO (backlinks pointing to your website or blog) that explain to the search engines not what your website is relating to (on-page optimisation will accomplish this) but just how central your site is in terms of what it is all about, plus how it's more valuable than the rest of the contending websites.
Thus here are the things you need to get winning on-page Search Engine Optimization.
- You should have plenty of good, related content, a minimum of 700 words every single web page.
- Use your key phrase and also variants of it once or twice on the page content.
- Include the key phrase in the <title> tag as well as in the meta keywords location and in the description location of the header of the web page. (But don't forget the description is commonly used by The search engines in the results listings, so make it appealing so that the user chooses to check out your website in the results listings and have a look at your page rather than another site).
- Also put the key phrase inside the <H1>, <H2> and <H3> headings tags.
- If you have got pictures on the page, or a movie, put your key phrase or variants of this, inside the <Alt> meta tags belonging to the images.
- Make sure that any words or phrases inside the key words meta area are also found in the observable written content of the webpage.
- Raise stay time and minimize bounce rate: keep your visitors on your web site as long as possible by involving people by using helpful content - a movie clip or a questionnaire, for example. At the same time integrate indented listings: Google loves bulletpoint lists. If visitors click away after just a couple of seconds search engines like Google will be aware of that and determine that the site isn't what users wish to see, and your search rankings in the SERPS will fall as a direct consequence. You can see your bounce level via your Google Analytics data (you do make use of Google Analytics, don't you?).
- Keep your site load time short. The most effective strategy to prevent lengthy loading time is to decrease the size of (meaning size in Kb and not in pixels). Free tools are available for accomplishing this, such as http://www.reduceimages.com/ and http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx. This is also referred to as file compression.
- Include a robots.txt file and upload that to your server.
- Include an XML sitemap file and upload that to your server.
- Include a.htaccess file with code on it for dealing with canonical URLs.
Comply with all of these basic rules and you will be set for Search Engine Optimisation best practice in 2017.