Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Prince Albert talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
When I started doing SEO years ago it required very little effort to have a web site ranked in first place on the search listings. All you needed to do was to be sure to included your key phrase in the right on-page tags on the web page. All these on-page elements are still mandatory and pertinent, which is the reason on-page Search Engine Optimization has changed hardly at all; you will still have to tell the major search engines just what your page is focused on.
However it's the off-page SEO (backlinks pointing to your website or blog) that explain to the search engines not what your website is relating to (on-page optimisation will accomplish this) but just how central your site is in terms of what it is all about, plus how it's more valuable than the rest of the contending websites.
Thus here are the things you need to get winning on-page Search Engine Optimization.
- You should have plenty of good, related content, a minimum of 700 words every single web page.
- Use your key phrase and also variants of it once or twice on the page content.
- Include the key phrase in the <title> tag as well as in the meta keywords location and in the description location of the header of the web page. (But don't forget the description is commonly used by The search engines in the results listings, so make it appealing so that the user chooses to check out your website in the results listings and have a look at your page rather than another site).
- Also put the key phrase inside the <H1>, <H2> and <H3> headings tags.
- If you have got pictures on the page, or a movie, put your key phrase or variants of this, inside the <Alt> meta tags belonging to the images.
- Make sure that any words or phrases inside the key words meta area are also found in the observable written content of the webpage.
- Raise stay time and minimize bounce rate: keep your visitors on your web site as long as possible by involving people by using helpful content - a movie clip or a questionnaire, for example. At the same time integrate indented listings: Google loves bulletpoint lists. If visitors click away after just a couple of seconds search engines like Google will be aware of that and determine that the site isn't what users wish to see, and your search rankings in the SERPS will fall as a direct consequence. You can see your bounce level via your Google Analytics data (you do make use of Google Analytics, don't you?).
- Keep your site load time short. The most effective strategy to prevent lengthy loading time is to decrease the size of (meaning size in Kb and not in pixels). Free tools are available for accomplishing this, such as http://www.reduceimages.com/ and http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx. This is also referred to as file compression.
- Include a robots.txt file and upload that to your server.
- Include an XML sitemap file and upload that to your server.
- Include a.htaccess file with code on it for dealing with canonical URLs.
Comply with all of these basic rules and you will be set for Search Engine Optimisation best practice in 2017.
Long Tail Keywords and Insurance SEO
SEO is a complex of measures aimed to improve the position of the site in search engines result.
The Internet users regularly look for the information about products or services. The purpose of this search is often the desire to make a purchase or request a service. The user enters the search query and receives back a list of links to the sites that meet his request. In most cases, the user looks through the first result page, TOP10. This raises the question of how to get into TOP10?
The fact is that the order of the search results is generated by the certain rules. The more the site matches the user's request, the higher is the place where the link to this website is displayed. By optimizing the site so that it could be better adjusted to the algorithm search engine, you can raise its position on the pages of the search results. It will increase the number of visitors, and along with it - the number of orders.
SEO can help to achieve the following objectives:
- having a few financial expenses and little time, you can still attract to the Internet sales floor a significant number of potential buyers from the major search engines;
- provide a substantial increase in the numbers of references from the website: phone calls, emails, applications and orders;
- as a result - increase the sales and of course the profit of the company; make the business successful and competitive;
The optimization of your website for the search engine consists of several stages:
1. Website auditing
- composing the semantic core (choosing the requests for the development) - the analysis of the real needs of the potential customers in search engines to effectively attract the interested visitors;
- researching the competitors' websites, which will help to build a correct search engine optimization strategy at a lowest cost;
- analyzing the website traffic and giving the recommendations to improve the conversion of the visitors into the customers;
2. Work out a strategy to develop your site
If you want to achieve the effective results - compare the goals of the website's development and the results of the audit, determine the best methods of operation and use of the existing factors - the current state of the resource and its positions in search engines.
3. The inner optimization
This stage involves working directly with the site:
- removing the technical defects that negatively affect the development of the resource, correcting the structure and navigation;
- analyzing and correcting the texts considering the check for plagiarism and keyword density; the necessary condition to promote your site is the right keywords and key phrases in the text;
- changing the HTML-code, correcting the meta tags (title, description, keywords);
4. The outer optimization
This stage involves working with the factors that affect the position from the outside:
- purchasing and smart placement of the links to a site selected on the basis of the chosen requests; increasing in the total reference/link weight; checking the links for the efficiency and competitiveness;
- binding the website to the development area - correcting and clarifying the contact information;
5. Maintaining he optimization results
Maintaining the results means a constant search of opportunities for growing and strengthening the results, the development and implementation of the improvements.
The purpose of the search engine optimization is to create the necessary conditions for its further development. A slight inaccuracy in the structure of the site or its content may negatively affect the development. The internal optimization will make the site attractive for the search engines and users, and create favorable conditions for the further development of the site.