Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Oshawa talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
You would have surely heard about, or even probably had already used, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) firms if you own a website or an online, e-commerce business. These SEO companies offer a host of services that help in enhancing and driving more online traffic to your site and that, in turn, would increase your business revenues through higher conversion rates owing to the increasing number of potential customers visiting your site.
Let's now analyze a few vital points to determine what should be your criteria for finalizing upon a good SEO firm to cater to your needs.
Numerous SEO firms claim to provide the best possible services for their customers. How do you know for sure that a SEO company does what it claims and zero upon a good SEO firm? The following pointers will help you to identify and choose a good SEO service.
1. Ensure that SEO services are listed high on searches using popular search engines. Unethical (also referred to as black hat) SEO firms would have been blacklisted by the search engines for using various manipulative techniques to achieve a high ranking, some examples of which would include link farms, using hidden text for keywords, deploying doorway or gateway pages.
2. Check for the specific tactics (like researching keywords and SEO copywriting) that they will be using for website optimization and get direct replies and commitments on this. In case you get evasive replies, it's best you start discussing with another SEO company.
3. Ensure that they use genuine and ethical (also referred to as white hat) SEO techniques and do not use unethical techniques that violate search engine policies. Do note that a few other techniques like using per-per-click to get you to the first page, cannot be classified as genuine or true SEO techniques.
4. Verify their testimonials and references from clients and evaluate the feedback given. You can also check how their previous clients rank on the popular search engines. You may even email the webmasters of their previous clients and check whether they were satisfied with the services of the SEO firm that you are now in discussions with.
5. In addition to the primary SEO services and techniques for improving your site's ranking among well known search engines, a lot of support services are needed to monitor progress and maintain your site's rank. Verify and ensure that the SEO firms offer you with support services like index tracking and rank tracking. They should also offer monthly SEO reports detailing progress, periodically optimizing your site to keep pace with any algorithm changes effected by search engines.
6. Obtain competitive quotes from good SEO firms and check whether you are getting a good bargain.
Hope this small primer on choosing a SEO firm is of use to you!
What is SEO - Search Engine Optimization?
What is this thing called SEO Consulting? SEO consulting can include marketing advice geared towards the Psychological aspects of the internet, as well as social aspects. If a company's goal is to appear as the safest company around, then the job of an SEO consultant is to make them seem safe on the internet. I also like to call SEO consulting Search Engine Education. SEO is an ever changing business, so constant training is required to stay on top of the competition. As we all know, industry changes daily, so does the internet trends that follow. A good SEO consultant can help keep your business one step ahead of the competition.
Consultants are generally well educated and very world savvy individuals. There is no one in this world that knows everything, but a good consultant has a drive to be educated in his field. They might only know a small picture in the grand scheme of things, but they know where to find answers to your questions. Every Consultant has different personality characteristics, but all good consultants can see the big picture in each specific industry.
When deciding what consultant to go with, first take a look at their vision statement. They may not have a concrete vision statement, but they better have some sort of vision for your company. Make sure the vision of your company is close to the consultants vision. Just like every other business, there are great consultants, but they need to mesh well with your working team. For example, most companies have an offline marketing team. The marketing team and the SEO Consultant should work hand in hand when creating a company's image. There is no use for a company to go green on the internet, then turn around and pass out fliers for on site waste disposal. This is an exaggerated example, but I think you get my drift.
Consultants can create your company huge gains if they know what they are doing. It baffles me when someone says that their company doesn't have an SEO strategy. Every company worth their penny has a marketing plan. Why not implement an SEO plan that works hand in hand with your marketing plan? This is the internet age, so your online presence needs to be one in the same as your offline presence. A good consultant will make sure this happens, and give your company the image they deserve.