Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in North Bay talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
You would have surely heard about, or even probably had already used, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) firms if you own a website or an online, e-commerce business. These SEO companies offer a host of services that help in enhancing and driving more online traffic to your site and that, in turn, would increase your business revenues through higher conversion rates owing to the increasing number of potential customers visiting your site.
Let's now analyze a few vital points to determine what should be your criteria for finalizing upon a good SEO firm to cater to your needs.
Numerous SEO firms claim to provide the best possible services for their customers. How do you know for sure that a SEO company does what it claims and zero upon a good SEO firm? The following pointers will help you to identify and choose a good SEO service.
1. Ensure that SEO services are listed high on searches using popular search engines. Unethical (also referred to as black hat) SEO firms would have been blacklisted by the search engines for using various manipulative techniques to achieve a high ranking, some examples of which would include link farms, using hidden text for keywords, deploying doorway or gateway pages.
2. Check for the specific tactics (like researching keywords and SEO copywriting) that they will be using for website optimization and get direct replies and commitments on this. In case you get evasive replies, it's best you start discussing with another SEO company.
3. Ensure that they use genuine and ethical (also referred to as white hat) SEO techniques and do not use unethical techniques that violate search engine policies. Do note that a few other techniques like using per-per-click to get you to the first page, cannot be classified as genuine or true SEO techniques.
4. Verify their testimonials and references from clients and evaluate the feedback given. You can also check how their previous clients rank on the popular search engines. You may even email the webmasters of their previous clients and check whether they were satisfied with the services of the SEO firm that you are now in discussions with.
5. In addition to the primary SEO services and techniques for improving your site's ranking among well known search engines, a lot of support services are needed to monitor progress and maintain your site's rank. Verify and ensure that the SEO firms offer you with support services like index tracking and rank tracking. They should also offer monthly SEO reports detailing progress, periodically optimizing your site to keep pace with any algorithm changes effected by search engines.
6. Obtain competitive quotes from good SEO firms and check whether you are getting a good bargain.
Hope this small primer on choosing a SEO firm is of use to you!
SEO Firm - How Should You Choose a Good One?
SEO services providers need to be on top of their game by providing optimum solutions on search engines, and at the very minimum, be at par with other recognized contemporaries in the field. Their search engine optimization techniques must be based on an intricate research and analysis of the specific industry domain, whilst also following a well-structured, stepwise process. They furthermore need to follow a partnership approach where the client's operational goals is a major consideration, and then develop and manage the business accordingly.
The following 4-step SEO Services Provider Strategy is suggested;
1 - Pre-Action Analysis: As a first step, understand the extent of the brief. The r website is analyzed for Search Engine friendliness on various accounts like HTML code, design, navigation, orphan pages, broken links, tags, usability etc. This is helpful in locating a website on any web-measurement scale and gives a perfect idea of the work done and work further needed.
2 - Progression: After understanding the nature of your client's operation, their goals and competition, the progression involve 5 major stages of the Search Engine Marketing:
a. Keyword Analysis
b. Content Syndication
c. HTML compatibility check
e. Other methods like email marketing, affiliate marketing, etc.
3 - Recommendations: Subsequent to the detailed analysis and strategizing, the next step is the organized and expert development and recommendation of a proposal or POA (Plan of Action). This shall also take into account the budgets and services recommendations for the website, including the organizational, operational & business goals.
4 - Plan Initiation & Implementation: Following the recommendations and mutually agreed plan of action, the developed strategies are clearly demarcated and assigned. Where necessary a respective team is assigned to work in full coordination, and an aggressive approach is taken to implement the same. A fortnightly report is maintained on the status of implements done and a feasibility is checked side-by-side.
It is essential to understand that the fundamentals of SEO are about improving both the volume and quality of traffic to a website on any of the major search engines. A targeted set of keywords around the base of the product or service on offer is optimized with regards to their compatibility with any specific search engine. This can certainly be done via both a natural or organic, and paid searches. The huge advantage Search Engine Optimization is the capability of targeting at different kinds of searches, which could include industry-specific vertical search engines, local searches, and even image search as well.
The ultimate idea is to grow a website's relevance on the web through search engines, which in turn needs to form the basis of a sustained online marketing strategy. SEO aims to improve a website's technical appearance and make them friendly in the eyes of the search engine robots, and thereby attract more visitors to the landing page of the website.
Search Engine Services providers must have an expert team of consultants who shall carry out SEO projects that meet the professional online needs of their clients. Their services must not only be a stand-alone but also form a part of a holistic online marketing campaign.
Many service providers within the SEO arena, are good at developing highly technical solutions like source code and site design but lack other skills like content writing and management. It is your unfailing duty as a client to ensure that you do get your money's worth, by going with a provider who can offer a one-stop but affordable SEO service especially if you are a small business owner.