Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Montreal talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
A high-powered search engine friendly IDX site is the hands down the most valuable tool a real estate agent has to obtain top rankings, lots of traffic, and plenty of buyers. Why? Because an IDX site gives homebuyers precisely what they are looking for.
Providing IDX gives agents the ability to let visitors search for homes using the data from their local multiple listing service (MLS). (Technically, MLS's are moving away from IDX to a technology called RETS, but the end result will be the same; the real estate agent's website with either one can attract more buyers with live real estate listings.)
What many agents don't understand is that buyers are not looking for an agent, they are searching for property for sale. The worst thing an agent can do is focus their site too much on themselves rather than on what the public is actually looking for, which is properties. Give them what they want and they are guaranteed to visit your site often.
When IDX websites are done right (meaning with a focus on search engine visibility), they are major lead producers. When done wrong, they are a waste of your time.
Here's what to avoid:
- Flash-based IDX (Flash looks great but is not search engine friendly)
- Framed IDX (where search results are displayed in a frame
- Third party subdomain-hosted IDX (username.idxcompany.com)
I've heard sad stories from agents who spent $8,000 on a custom site that never produced leads, followed by over $5K on another one that also didn't perform. If you're going to invest in a custom real estate website, you've got to hire someone who can do it right.
If your web developer wants to use Flash, frames, or third party subdomains for your IDX integration, run as fast as you can from them. They obviously don't know a thing about real estate search engine optimization and chances are good your site will be a waste of effort, bandwidth, and cash.
SEO Tips - How to Achieve High Rankings on Google Through SEO
SEO is a complex of measures aimed to improve the position of the site in search engines result.
The Internet users regularly look for the information about products or services. The purpose of this search is often the desire to make a purchase or request a service. The user enters the search query and receives back a list of links to the sites that meet his request. In most cases, the user looks through the first result page, TOP10. This raises the question of how to get into TOP10?
The fact is that the order of the search results is generated by the certain rules. The more the site matches the user's request, the higher is the place where the link to this website is displayed. By optimizing the site so that it could be better adjusted to the algorithm search engine, you can raise its position on the pages of the search results. It will increase the number of visitors, and along with it - the number of orders.
SEO can help to achieve the following objectives:
- having a few financial expenses and little time, you can still attract to the Internet sales floor a significant number of potential buyers from the major search engines;
- provide a substantial increase in the numbers of references from the website: phone calls, emails, applications and orders;
- as a result - increase the sales and of course the profit of the company; make the business successful and competitive;
The optimization of your website for the search engine consists of several stages:
1. Website auditing
- composing the semantic core (choosing the requests for the development) - the analysis of the real needs of the potential customers in search engines to effectively attract the interested visitors;
- researching the competitors' websites, which will help to build a correct search engine optimization strategy at a lowest cost;
- analyzing the website traffic and giving the recommendations to improve the conversion of the visitors into the customers;
2. Work out a strategy to develop your site
If you want to achieve the effective results - compare the goals of the website's development and the results of the audit, determine the best methods of operation and use of the existing factors - the current state of the resource and its positions in search engines.
3. The inner optimization
This stage involves working directly with the site:
- removing the technical defects that negatively affect the development of the resource, correcting the structure and navigation;
- analyzing and correcting the texts considering the check for plagiarism and keyword density; the necessary condition to promote your site is the right keywords and key phrases in the text;
- changing the HTML-code, correcting the meta tags (title, description, keywords);
4. The outer optimization
This stage involves working with the factors that affect the position from the outside:
- purchasing and smart placement of the links to a site selected on the basis of the chosen requests; increasing in the total reference/link weight; checking the links for the efficiency and competitiveness;
- binding the website to the development area - correcting and clarifying the contact information;
5. Maintaining he optimization results
Maintaining the results means a constant search of opportunities for growing and strengthening the results, the development and implementation of the improvements.
The purpose of the search engine optimization is to create the necessary conditions for its further development. A slight inaccuracy in the structure of the site or its content may negatively affect the development. The internal optimization will make the site attractive for the search engines and users, and create favorable conditions for the further development of the site.