Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Moncton talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
When I started doing SEO years ago it required very little effort to have a web site ranked in first place on the search listings. All you needed to do was to be sure to included your key phrase in the right on-page tags on the web page. All these on-page elements are still mandatory and pertinent, which is the reason on-page Search Engine Optimization has changed hardly at all; you will still have to tell the major search engines just what your page is focused on.
However it's the off-page SEO (backlinks pointing to your website or blog) that explain to the search engines not what your website is relating to (on-page optimisation will accomplish this) but just how central your site is in terms of what it is all about, plus how it's more valuable than the rest of the contending websites.
Thus here are the things you need to get winning on-page Search Engine Optimization.
- You should have plenty of good, related content, a minimum of 700 words every single web page.
- Use your key phrase and also variants of it once or twice on the page content.
- Include the key phrase in the <title> tag as well as in the meta keywords location and in the description location of the header of the web page. (But don't forget the description is commonly used by The search engines in the results listings, so make it appealing so that the user chooses to check out your website in the results listings and have a look at your page rather than another site).
- Also put the key phrase inside the <H1>, <H2> and <H3> headings tags.
- If you have got pictures on the page, or a movie, put your key phrase or variants of this, inside the <Alt> meta tags belonging to the images.
- Make sure that any words or phrases inside the key words meta area are also found in the observable written content of the webpage.
- Raise stay time and minimize bounce rate: keep your visitors on your web site as long as possible by involving people by using helpful content - a movie clip or a questionnaire, for example. At the same time integrate indented listings: Google loves bulletpoint lists. If visitors click away after just a couple of seconds search engines like Google will be aware of that and determine that the site isn't what users wish to see, and your search rankings in the SERPS will fall as a direct consequence. You can see your bounce level via your Google Analytics data (you do make use of Google Analytics, don't you?).
- Keep your site load time short. The most effective strategy to prevent lengthy loading time is to decrease the size of (meaning size in Kb and not in pixels). Free tools are available for accomplishing this, such as http://www.reduceimages.com/ and http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx. This is also referred to as file compression.
- Include a robots.txt file and upload that to your server.
- Include an XML sitemap file and upload that to your server.
- Include a.htaccess file with code on it for dealing with canonical URLs.
Comply with all of these basic rules and you will be set for Search Engine Optimisation best practice in 2017.
On-Page Search Engine Optimisation for 2017
You would have surely heard about, or even probably had already used, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) firms if you own a website or an online, e-commerce business. These SEO companies offer a host of services that help in enhancing and driving more online traffic to your site and that, in turn, would increase your business revenues through higher conversion rates owing to the increasing number of potential customers visiting your site.
Let's now analyze a few vital points to determine what should be your criteria for finalizing upon a good SEO firm to cater to your needs.
Numerous SEO firms claim to provide the best possible services for their customers. How do you know for sure that a SEO company does what it claims and zero upon a good SEO firm? The following pointers will help you to identify and choose a good SEO service.
1. Ensure that SEO services are listed high on searches using popular search engines. Unethical (also referred to as black hat) SEO firms would have been blacklisted by the search engines for using various manipulative techniques to achieve a high ranking, some examples of which would include link farms, using hidden text for keywords, deploying doorway or gateway pages.
2. Check for the specific tactics (like researching keywords and SEO copywriting) that they will be using for website optimization and get direct replies and commitments on this. In case you get evasive replies, it's best you start discussing with another SEO company.
3. Ensure that they use genuine and ethical (also referred to as white hat) SEO techniques and do not use unethical techniques that violate search engine policies. Do note that a few other techniques like using per-per-click to get you to the first page, cannot be classified as genuine or true SEO techniques.
4. Verify their testimonials and references from clients and evaluate the feedback given. You can also check how their previous clients rank on the popular search engines. You may even email the webmasters of their previous clients and check whether they were satisfied with the services of the SEO firm that you are now in discussions with.
5. In addition to the primary SEO services and techniques for improving your site's ranking among well known search engines, a lot of support services are needed to monitor progress and maintain your site's rank. Verify and ensure that the SEO firms offer you with support services like index tracking and rank tracking. They should also offer monthly SEO reports detailing progress, periodically optimizing your site to keep pace with any algorithm changes effected by search engines.
6. Obtain competitive quotes from good SEO firms and check whether you are getting a good bargain.
Hope this small primer on choosing a SEO firm is of use to you!