Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Manitoba talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
SEO or search engine optimization is the process of improving or increase the quality and quantity of traffic to your website via search engine organic result listings. This means that the higher your site ranks on the organic search results, the more traffic you will get from search engines.
Out of all search engines, Google has the biggest market share. This explains why many webmasters and business owners want their websites to rank high on Google. To achieve high rankings on Google is not impossible - you just need to know how to optimize your website. In this article, let me share with you some tips to achieve high rankings on Google through SEO.
1. Optimize your websites for short and long tail keywords. If you are offering cleaning services in Chicago, you may want to optimize keywords like "cleaning services Chicago" and "office cleaning Chicago". This will attract the right people to visit your website and increase your conversion rate. Google optimization is all about relevancy. So just make sure that the keywords you optimize is relevant to the content of your website.
2. Purchase a domain name early. The age of your domain name plays an important role when it comes to Google optimization. The longer the domain name has been around, the more Google is going to like you. So choose a domain name properly to ensure you don't change it after a year. If not, all the optimization effort will go down the drains.
3. Make sure that your website is search engine friendly. Don't use frames or flash to build your website. Go for simple HTML or PHP sites with cleaning coding. If your website has a lot of pages, make sure you include a sitemap.xml so that GoogleBot can index all pages on your website.
4. Place important keywords within your content and your Title tag. It is extremely important to place important keywords in Title tag. The Title tag is like the Title of a book. If you come across a book without a proper title, you will not understand what it is about. This is the same for search engines. If you want Google to index your site and rank it high for important keywords, you must first ensure that Google knows what your site is about. You can do it by writing proper titles for every page of your website.
5. Build links. It is important to get other sites to link back to your website if you want to achieve high rankings on Google. With more back links, Google will see your site as popular and reward you with high rankings. Some of ways to get back links are article submission, directory submission, social book marking, commenting on blogs and forum posting.
Evaluating an SEO Company
What is this thing called SEO Consulting? SEO consulting can include marketing advice geared towards the Psychological aspects of the internet, as well as social aspects. If a company's goal is to appear as the safest company around, then the job of an SEO consultant is to make them seem safe on the internet. I also like to call SEO consulting Search Engine Education. SEO is an ever changing business, so constant training is required to stay on top of the competition. As we all know, industry changes daily, so does the internet trends that follow. A good SEO consultant can help keep your business one step ahead of the competition.
Consultants are generally well educated and very world savvy individuals. There is no one in this world that knows everything, but a good consultant has a drive to be educated in his field. They might only know a small picture in the grand scheme of things, but they know where to find answers to your questions. Every Consultant has different personality characteristics, but all good consultants can see the big picture in each specific industry.
When deciding what consultant to go with, first take a look at their vision statement. They may not have a concrete vision statement, but they better have some sort of vision for your company. Make sure the vision of your company is close to the consultants vision. Just like every other business, there are great consultants, but they need to mesh well with your working team. For example, most companies have an offline marketing team. The marketing team and the SEO Consultant should work hand in hand when creating a company's image. There is no use for a company to go green on the internet, then turn around and pass out fliers for on site waste disposal. This is an exaggerated example, but I think you get my drift.
Consultants can create your company huge gains if they know what they are doing. It baffles me when someone says that their company doesn't have an SEO strategy. Every company worth their penny has a marketing plan. Why not implement an SEO plan that works hand in hand with your marketing plan? This is the internet age, so your online presence needs to be one in the same as your offline presence. A good consultant will make sure this happens, and give your company the image they deserve.