Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Kam talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
SEO or search engine optimization is the process of improving or increase the quality and quantity of traffic to your website via search engine organic result listings. This means that the higher your site ranks on the organic search results, the more traffic you will get from search engines.
Out of all search engines, Google has the biggest market share. This explains why many webmasters and business owners want their websites to rank high on Google. To achieve high rankings on Google is not impossible - you just need to know how to optimize your website. In this article, let me share with you some tips to achieve high rankings on Google through SEO.
1. Optimize your websites for short and long tail keywords. If you are offering cleaning services in Chicago, you may want to optimize keywords like "cleaning services Chicago" and "office cleaning Chicago". This will attract the right people to visit your website and increase your conversion rate. Google optimization is all about relevancy. So just make sure that the keywords you optimize is relevant to the content of your website.
2. Purchase a domain name early. The age of your domain name plays an important role when it comes to Google optimization. The longer the domain name has been around, the more Google is going to like you. So choose a domain name properly to ensure you don't change it after a year. If not, all the optimization effort will go down the drains.
3. Make sure that your website is search engine friendly. Don't use frames or flash to build your website. Go for simple HTML or PHP sites with cleaning coding. If your website has a lot of pages, make sure you include a sitemap.xml so that GoogleBot can index all pages on your website.
4. Place important keywords within your content and your Title tag. It is extremely important to place important keywords in Title tag. The Title tag is like the Title of a book. If you come across a book without a proper title, you will not understand what it is about. This is the same for search engines. If you want Google to index your site and rank it high for important keywords, you must first ensure that Google knows what your site is about. You can do it by writing proper titles for every page of your website.
5. Build links. It is important to get other sites to link back to your website if you want to achieve high rankings on Google. With more back links, Google will see your site as popular and reward you with high rankings. Some of ways to get back links are article submission, directory submission, social book marking, commenting on blogs and forum posting.
SEO Services Providers - What Methodologies Do They Adopt?
A high-powered search engine friendly IDX site is the hands down the most valuable tool a real estate agent has to obtain top rankings, lots of traffic, and plenty of buyers. Why? Because an IDX site gives homebuyers precisely what they are looking for.
Providing IDX gives agents the ability to let visitors search for homes using the data from their local multiple listing service (MLS). (Technically, MLS's are moving away from IDX to a technology called RETS, but the end result will be the same; the real estate agent's website with either one can attract more buyers with live real estate listings.)
What many agents don't understand is that buyers are not looking for an agent, they are searching for property for sale. The worst thing an agent can do is focus their site too much on themselves rather than on what the public is actually looking for, which is properties. Give them what they want and they are guaranteed to visit your site often.
When IDX websites are done right (meaning with a focus on search engine visibility), they are major lead producers. When done wrong, they are a waste of your time.
Here's what to avoid:
- Flash-based IDX (Flash looks great but is not search engine friendly)
- Framed IDX (where search results are displayed in a frame
- Third party subdomain-hosted IDX (username.idxcompany.com)
I've heard sad stories from agents who spent $8,000 on a custom site that never produced leads, followed by over $5K on another one that also didn't perform. If you're going to invest in a custom real estate website, you've got to hire someone who can do it right.
If your web developer wants to use Flash, frames, or third party subdomains for your IDX integration, run as fast as you can from them. They obviously don't know a thing about real estate search engine optimization and chances are good your site will be a waste of effort, bandwidth, and cash.