Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Kam talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
When I started doing SEO years ago it required very little effort to have a web site ranked in first place on the search listings. All you needed to do was to be sure to included your key phrase in the right on-page tags on the web page. All these on-page elements are still mandatory and pertinent, which is the reason on-page Search Engine Optimization has changed hardly at all; you will still have to tell the major search engines just what your page is focused on.
However it's the off-page SEO (backlinks pointing to your website or blog) that explain to the search engines not what your website is relating to (on-page optimisation will accomplish this) but just how central your site is in terms of what it is all about, plus how it's more valuable than the rest of the contending websites.
Thus here are the things you need to get winning on-page Search Engine Optimization.
- You should have plenty of good, related content, a minimum of 700 words every single web page.
- Use your key phrase and also variants of it once or twice on the page content.
- Include the key phrase in the <title> tag as well as in the meta keywords location and in the description location of the header of the web page. (But don't forget the description is commonly used by The search engines in the results listings, so make it appealing so that the user chooses to check out your website in the results listings and have a look at your page rather than another site).
- Also put the key phrase inside the <H1>, <H2> and <H3> headings tags.
- If you have got pictures on the page, or a movie, put your key phrase or variants of this, inside the <Alt> meta tags belonging to the images.
- Make sure that any words or phrases inside the key words meta area are also found in the observable written content of the webpage.
- Raise stay time and minimize bounce rate: keep your visitors on your web site as long as possible by involving people by using helpful content - a movie clip or a questionnaire, for example. At the same time integrate indented listings: Google loves bulletpoint lists. If visitors click away after just a couple of seconds search engines like Google will be aware of that and determine that the site isn't what users wish to see, and your search rankings in the SERPS will fall as a direct consequence. You can see your bounce level via your Google Analytics data (you do make use of Google Analytics, don't you?).
- Keep your site load time short. The most effective strategy to prevent lengthy loading time is to decrease the size of (meaning size in Kb and not in pixels). Free tools are available for accomplishing this, such as http://www.reduceimages.com/ and http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx. This is also referred to as file compression.
- Include a robots.txt file and upload that to your server.
- Include an XML sitemap file and upload that to your server.
- Include a.htaccess file with code on it for dealing with canonical URLs.
Comply with all of these basic rules and you will be set for Search Engine Optimisation best practice in 2017.
SEO Firm - How Should You Choose a Good One?
SEO or search engine optimization is the process of improving or increase the quality and quantity of traffic to your website via search engine organic result listings. This means that the higher your site ranks on the organic search results, the more traffic you will get from search engines.
Out of all search engines, Google has the biggest market share. This explains why many webmasters and business owners want their websites to rank high on Google. To achieve high rankings on Google is not impossible - you just need to know how to optimize your website. In this article, let me share with you some tips to achieve high rankings on Google through SEO.
1. Optimize your websites for short and long tail keywords. If you are offering cleaning services in Chicago, you may want to optimize keywords like "cleaning services Chicago" and "office cleaning Chicago". This will attract the right people to visit your website and increase your conversion rate. Google optimization is all about relevancy. So just make sure that the keywords you optimize is relevant to the content of your website.
2. Purchase a domain name early. The age of your domain name plays an important role when it comes to Google optimization. The longer the domain name has been around, the more Google is going to like you. So choose a domain name properly to ensure you don't change it after a year. If not, all the optimization effort will go down the drains.
3. Make sure that your website is search engine friendly. Don't use frames or flash to build your website. Go for simple HTML or PHP sites with cleaning coding. If your website has a lot of pages, make sure you include a sitemap.xml so that GoogleBot can index all pages on your website.
4. Place important keywords within your content and your Title tag. It is extremely important to place important keywords in Title tag. The Title tag is like the Title of a book. If you come across a book without a proper title, you will not understand what it is about. This is the same for search engines. If you want Google to index your site and rank it high for important keywords, you must first ensure that Google knows what your site is about. You can do it by writing proper titles for every page of your website.
5. Build links. It is important to get other sites to link back to your website if you want to achieve high rankings on Google. With more back links, Google will see your site as popular and reward you with high rankings. Some of ways to get back links are article submission, directory submission, social book marking, commenting on blogs and forum posting.