Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Chatham talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
SEO is a complex of measures aimed to improve the position of the site in search engines result.
The Internet users regularly look for the information about products or services. The purpose of this search is often the desire to make a purchase or request a service. The user enters the search query and receives back a list of links to the sites that meet his request. In most cases, the user looks through the first result page, TOP10. This raises the question of how to get into TOP10?
The fact is that the order of the search results is generated by the certain rules. The more the site matches the user's request, the higher is the place where the link to this website is displayed. By optimizing the site so that it could be better adjusted to the algorithm search engine, you can raise its position on the pages of the search results. It will increase the number of visitors, and along with it - the number of orders.
SEO can help to achieve the following objectives:
- having a few financial expenses and little time, you can still attract to the Internet sales floor a significant number of potential buyers from the major search engines;
- provide a substantial increase in the numbers of references from the website: phone calls, emails, applications and orders;
- as a result - increase the sales and of course the profit of the company; make the business successful and competitive;
The optimization of your website for the search engine consists of several stages:
1. Website auditing
- composing the semantic core (choosing the requests for the development) - the analysis of the real needs of the potential customers in search engines to effectively attract the interested visitors;
- researching the competitors' websites, which will help to build a correct search engine optimization strategy at a lowest cost;
- analyzing the website traffic and giving the recommendations to improve the conversion of the visitors into the customers;
2. Work out a strategy to develop your site
If you want to achieve the effective results - compare the goals of the website's development and the results of the audit, determine the best methods of operation and use of the existing factors - the current state of the resource and its positions in search engines.
3. The inner optimization
This stage involves working directly with the site:
- removing the technical defects that negatively affect the development of the resource, correcting the structure and navigation;
- analyzing and correcting the texts considering the check for plagiarism and keyword density; the necessary condition to promote your site is the right keywords and key phrases in the text;
- changing the HTML-code, correcting the meta tags (title, description, keywords);
4. The outer optimization
This stage involves working with the factors that affect the position from the outside:
- purchasing and smart placement of the links to a site selected on the basis of the chosen requests; increasing in the total reference/link weight; checking the links for the efficiency and competitiveness;
- binding the website to the development area - correcting and clarifying the contact information;
5. Maintaining he optimization results
Maintaining the results means a constant search of opportunities for growing and strengthening the results, the development and implementation of the improvements.
The purpose of the search engine optimization is to create the necessary conditions for its further development. A slight inaccuracy in the structure of the site or its content may negatively affect the development. The internal optimization will make the site attractive for the search engines and users, and create favorable conditions for the further development of the site.
Search Engine Optimization - The Basic Guide
You would have surely heard about, or even probably had already used, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) firms if you own a website or an online, e-commerce business. These SEO companies offer a host of services that help in enhancing and driving more online traffic to your site and that, in turn, would increase your business revenues through higher conversion rates owing to the increasing number of potential customers visiting your site.
Let's now analyze a few vital points to determine what should be your criteria for finalizing upon a good SEO firm to cater to your needs.
Numerous SEO firms claim to provide the best possible services for their customers. How do you know for sure that a SEO company does what it claims and zero upon a good SEO firm? The following pointers will help you to identify and choose a good SEO service.
1. Ensure that SEO services are listed high on searches using popular search engines. Unethical (also referred to as black hat) SEO firms would have been blacklisted by the search engines for using various manipulative techniques to achieve a high ranking, some examples of which would include link farms, using hidden text for keywords, deploying doorway or gateway pages.
2. Check for the specific tactics (like researching keywords and SEO copywriting) that they will be using for website optimization and get direct replies and commitments on this. In case you get evasive replies, it's best you start discussing with another SEO company.
3. Ensure that they use genuine and ethical (also referred to as white hat) SEO techniques and do not use unethical techniques that violate search engine policies. Do note that a few other techniques like using per-per-click to get you to the first page, cannot be classified as genuine or true SEO techniques.
4. Verify their testimonials and references from clients and evaluate the feedback given. You can also check how their previous clients rank on the popular search engines. You may even email the webmasters of their previous clients and check whether they were satisfied with the services of the SEO firm that you are now in discussions with.
5. In addition to the primary SEO services and techniques for improving your site's ranking among well known search engines, a lot of support services are needed to monitor progress and maintain your site's rank. Verify and ensure that the SEO firms offer you with support services like index tracking and rank tracking. They should also offer monthly SEO reports detailing progress, periodically optimizing your site to keep pace with any algorithm changes effected by search engines.
6. Obtain competitive quotes from good SEO firms and check whether you are getting a good bargain.
Hope this small primer on choosing a SEO firm is of use to you!