Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Campbell River talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
When I started doing SEO years ago it required very little effort to have a web site ranked in first place on the search listings. All you needed to do was to be sure to included your key phrase in the right on-page tags on the web page. All these on-page elements are still mandatory and pertinent, which is the reason on-page Search Engine Optimization has changed hardly at all; you will still have to tell the major search engines just what your page is focused on.
However it's the off-page SEO (backlinks pointing to your website or blog) that explain to the search engines not what your website is relating to (on-page optimisation will accomplish this) but just how central your site is in terms of what it is all about, plus how it's more valuable than the rest of the contending websites.
Thus here are the things you need to get winning on-page Search Engine Optimization.
- You should have plenty of good, related content, a minimum of 700 words every single web page.
- Use your key phrase and also variants of it once or twice on the page content.
- Include the key phrase in the <title> tag as well as in the meta keywords location and in the description location of the header of the web page. (But don't forget the description is commonly used by The search engines in the results listings, so make it appealing so that the user chooses to check out your website in the results listings and have a look at your page rather than another site).
- Also put the key phrase inside the <H1>, <H2> and <H3> headings tags.
- If you have got pictures on the page, or a movie, put your key phrase or variants of this, inside the <Alt> meta tags belonging to the images.
- Make sure that any words or phrases inside the key words meta area are also found in the observable written content of the webpage.
- Raise stay time and minimize bounce rate: keep your visitors on your web site as long as possible by involving people by using helpful content - a movie clip or a questionnaire, for example. At the same time integrate indented listings: Google loves bulletpoint lists. If visitors click away after just a couple of seconds search engines like Google will be aware of that and determine that the site isn't what users wish to see, and your search rankings in the SERPS will fall as a direct consequence. You can see your bounce level via your Google Analytics data (you do make use of Google Analytics, don't you?).
- Keep your site load time short. The most effective strategy to prevent lengthy loading time is to decrease the size of (meaning size in Kb and not in pixels). Free tools are available for accomplishing this, such as http://www.reduceimages.com/ and http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx. This is also referred to as file compression.
- Include a robots.txt file and upload that to your server.
- Include an XML sitemap file and upload that to your server.
- Include a.htaccess file with code on it for dealing with canonical URLs.
Comply with all of these basic rules and you will be set for Search Engine Optimisation best practice in 2017.
On-Page Search Engine Optimisation for 2017
SEO services providers need to be on top of their game by providing optimum solutions on search engines, and at the very minimum, be at par with other recognized contemporaries in the field. Their search engine optimization techniques must be based on an intricate research and analysis of the specific industry domain, whilst also following a well-structured, stepwise process. They furthermore need to follow a partnership approach where the client's operational goals is a major consideration, and then develop and manage the business accordingly.
The following 4-step SEO Services Provider Strategy is suggested;
1 - Pre-Action Analysis: As a first step, understand the extent of the brief. The r website is analyzed for Search Engine friendliness on various accounts like HTML code, design, navigation, orphan pages, broken links, tags, usability etc. This is helpful in locating a website on any web-measurement scale and gives a perfect idea of the work done and work further needed.
2 - Progression: After understanding the nature of your client's operation, their goals and competition, the progression involve 5 major stages of the Search Engine Marketing:
a. Keyword Analysis
b. Content Syndication
c. HTML compatibility check
e. Other methods like email marketing, affiliate marketing, etc.
3 - Recommendations: Subsequent to the detailed analysis and strategizing, the next step is the organized and expert development and recommendation of a proposal or POA (Plan of Action). This shall also take into account the budgets and services recommendations for the website, including the organizational, operational & business goals.
4 - Plan Initiation & Implementation: Following the recommendations and mutually agreed plan of action, the developed strategies are clearly demarcated and assigned. Where necessary a respective team is assigned to work in full coordination, and an aggressive approach is taken to implement the same. A fortnightly report is maintained on the status of implements done and a feasibility is checked side-by-side.
It is essential to understand that the fundamentals of SEO are about improving both the volume and quality of traffic to a website on any of the major search engines. A targeted set of keywords around the base of the product or service on offer is optimized with regards to their compatibility with any specific search engine. This can certainly be done via both a natural or organic, and paid searches. The huge advantage Search Engine Optimization is the capability of targeting at different kinds of searches, which could include industry-specific vertical search engines, local searches, and even image search as well.
The ultimate idea is to grow a website's relevance on the web through search engines, which in turn needs to form the basis of a sustained online marketing strategy. SEO aims to improve a website's technical appearance and make them friendly in the eyes of the search engine robots, and thereby attract more visitors to the landing page of the website.
Search Engine Services providers must have an expert team of consultants who shall carry out SEO projects that meet the professional online needs of their clients. Their services must not only be a stand-alone but also form a part of a holistic online marketing campaign.
Many service providers within the SEO arena, are good at developing highly technical solutions like source code and site design but lack other skills like content writing and management. It is your unfailing duty as a client to ensure that you do get your money's worth, by going with a provider who can offer a one-stop but affordable SEO service especially if you are a small business owner.