Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Brantford talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
What is this thing called SEO Consulting? SEO consulting can include marketing advice geared towards the Psychological aspects of the internet, as well as social aspects. If a company's goal is to appear as the safest company around, then the job of an SEO consultant is to make them seem safe on the internet. I also like to call SEO consulting Search Engine Education. SEO is an ever changing business, so constant training is required to stay on top of the competition. As we all know, industry changes daily, so does the internet trends that follow. A good SEO consultant can help keep your business one step ahead of the competition.
Consultants are generally well educated and very world savvy individuals. There is no one in this world that knows everything, but a good consultant has a drive to be educated in his field. They might only know a small picture in the grand scheme of things, but they know where to find answers to your questions. Every Consultant has different personality characteristics, but all good consultants can see the big picture in each specific industry.
When deciding what consultant to go with, first take a look at their vision statement. They may not have a concrete vision statement, but they better have some sort of vision for your company. Make sure the vision of your company is close to the consultants vision. Just like every other business, there are great consultants, but they need to mesh well with your working team. For example, most companies have an offline marketing team. The marketing team and the SEO Consultant should work hand in hand when creating a company's image. There is no use for a company to go green on the internet, then turn around and pass out fliers for on site waste disposal. This is an exaggerated example, but I think you get my drift.
Consultants can create your company huge gains if they know what they are doing. It baffles me when someone says that their company doesn't have an SEO strategy. Every company worth their penny has a marketing plan. Why not implement an SEO plan that works hand in hand with your marketing plan? This is the internet age, so your online presence needs to be one in the same as your offline presence. A good consultant will make sure this happens, and give your company the image they deserve.
On-Page Search Engine Optimisation for 2017
When I started doing SEO years ago it required very little effort to have a web site ranked in first place on the search listings. All you needed to do was to be sure to included your key phrase in the right on-page tags on the web page. All these on-page elements are still mandatory and pertinent, which is the reason on-page Search Engine Optimization has changed hardly at all; you will still have to tell the major search engines just what your page is focused on.
However it's the off-page SEO (backlinks pointing to your website or blog) that explain to the search engines not what your website is relating to (on-page optimisation will accomplish this) but just how central your site is in terms of what it is all about, plus how it's more valuable than the rest of the contending websites.
Thus here are the things you need to get winning on-page Search Engine Optimization.
- You should have plenty of good, related content, a minimum of 700 words every single web page.
- Use your key phrase and also variants of it once or twice on the page content.
- Include the key phrase in the <title> tag as well as in the meta keywords location and in the description location of the header of the web page. (But don't forget the description is commonly used by The search engines in the results listings, so make it appealing so that the user chooses to check out your website in the results listings and have a look at your page rather than another site).
- Also put the key phrase inside the <H1>, <H2> and <H3> headings tags.
- If you have got pictures on the page, or a movie, put your key phrase or variants of this, inside the <Alt> meta tags belonging to the images.
- Make sure that any words or phrases inside the key words meta area are also found in the observable written content of the webpage.
- Raise stay time and minimize bounce rate: keep your visitors on your web site as long as possible by involving people by using helpful content - a movie clip or a questionnaire, for example. At the same time integrate indented listings: Google loves bulletpoint lists. If visitors click away after just a couple of seconds search engines like Google will be aware of that and determine that the site isn't what users wish to see, and your search rankings in the SERPS will fall as a direct consequence. You can see your bounce level via your Google Analytics data (you do make use of Google Analytics, don't you?).
- Keep your site load time short. The most effective strategy to prevent lengthy loading time is to decrease the size of (meaning size in Kb and not in pixels). Free tools are available for accomplishing this, such as http://www.reduceimages.com/ and http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx. This is also referred to as file compression.
- Include a robots.txt file and upload that to your server.
- Include an XML sitemap file and upload that to your server.
- Include a.htaccess file with code on it for dealing with canonical URLs.
Comply with all of these basic rules and you will be set for Search Engine Optimisation best practice in 2017.