Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Brandon talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
A high-powered search engine friendly IDX site is the hands down the most valuable tool a real estate agent has to obtain top rankings, lots of traffic, and plenty of buyers. Why? Because an IDX site gives homebuyers precisely what they are looking for.
Providing IDX gives agents the ability to let visitors search for homes using the data from their local multiple listing service (MLS). (Technically, MLS's are moving away from IDX to a technology called RETS, but the end result will be the same; the real estate agent's website with either one can attract more buyers with live real estate listings.)
What many agents don't understand is that buyers are not looking for an agent, they are searching for property for sale. The worst thing an agent can do is focus their site too much on themselves rather than on what the public is actually looking for, which is properties. Give them what they want and they are guaranteed to visit your site often.
When IDX websites are done right (meaning with a focus on search engine visibility), they are major lead producers. When done wrong, they are a waste of your time.
Here's what to avoid:
- Flash-based IDX (Flash looks great but is not search engine friendly)
- Framed IDX (where search results are displayed in a frame
- Third party subdomain-hosted IDX (username.idxcompany.com)
I've heard sad stories from agents who spent $8,000 on a custom site that never produced leads, followed by over $5K on another one that also didn't perform. If you're going to invest in a custom real estate website, you've got to hire someone who can do it right.
If your web developer wants to use Flash, frames, or third party subdomains for your IDX integration, run as fast as you can from them. They obviously don't know a thing about real estate search engine optimization and chances are good your site will be a waste of effort, bandwidth, and cash.
SEO Services Providers - What Methodologies Do They Adopt?
You would have surely heard about, or even probably had already used, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) firms if you own a website or an online, e-commerce business. These SEO companies offer a host of services that help in enhancing and driving more online traffic to your site and that, in turn, would increase your business revenues through higher conversion rates owing to the increasing number of potential customers visiting your site.
Let's now analyze a few vital points to determine what should be your criteria for finalizing upon a good SEO firm to cater to your needs.
Numerous SEO firms claim to provide the best possible services for their customers. How do you know for sure that a SEO company does what it claims and zero upon a good SEO firm? The following pointers will help you to identify and choose a good SEO service.
1. Ensure that SEO services are listed high on searches using popular search engines. Unethical (also referred to as black hat) SEO firms would have been blacklisted by the search engines for using various manipulative techniques to achieve a high ranking, some examples of which would include link farms, using hidden text for keywords, deploying doorway or gateway pages.
2. Check for the specific tactics (like researching keywords and SEO copywriting) that they will be using for website optimization and get direct replies and commitments on this. In case you get evasive replies, it's best you start discussing with another SEO company.
3. Ensure that they use genuine and ethical (also referred to as white hat) SEO techniques and do not use unethical techniques that violate search engine policies. Do note that a few other techniques like using per-per-click to get you to the first page, cannot be classified as genuine or true SEO techniques.
4. Verify their testimonials and references from clients and evaluate the feedback given. You can also check how their previous clients rank on the popular search engines. You may even email the webmasters of their previous clients and check whether they were satisfied with the services of the SEO firm that you are now in discussions with.
5. In addition to the primary SEO services and techniques for improving your site's ranking among well known search engines, a lot of support services are needed to monitor progress and maintain your site's rank. Verify and ensure that the SEO firms offer you with support services like index tracking and rank tracking. They should also offer monthly SEO reports detailing progress, periodically optimizing your site to keep pace with any algorithm changes effected by search engines.
6. Obtain competitive quotes from good SEO firms and check whether you are getting a good bargain.
Hope this small primer on choosing a SEO firm is of use to you!