Whenever you are building a website or writing content, you should always think about the human being who will use that site before you think of the search engine bots that will index it. In 2017 keywords and keyword density will still be the way that Google and other search engines interpret what your website is about, but the information that your site contains and how that information is presented will become even more important.
Some SEO experts in Bowmanville talk as though Google is the enemy, but it is not. All Google wants to do is present the best and the most informative websites that are most likely to answer the question that someone has asked, which means that it will favour websites with good, well written content that people will be able to understand and enjoy reading.
What Is SEO Consulting?
When I started doing SEO years ago it required very little effort to have a web site ranked in first place on the search listings. All you needed to do was to be sure to included your key phrase in the right on-page tags on the web page. All these on-page elements are still mandatory and pertinent, which is the reason on-page Search Engine Optimization has changed hardly at all; you will still have to tell the major search engines just what your page is focused on.
However it's the off-page SEO (backlinks pointing to your website or blog) that explain to the search engines not what your website is relating to (on-page optimisation will accomplish this) but just how central your site is in terms of what it is all about, plus how it's more valuable than the rest of the contending websites.
Thus here are the things you need to get winning on-page Search Engine Optimization.
- You should have plenty of good, related content, a minimum of 700 words every single web page.
- Use your key phrase and also variants of it once or twice on the page content.
- Include the key phrase in the <title> tag as well as in the meta keywords location and in the description location of the header of the web page. (But don't forget the description is commonly used by The search engines in the results listings, so make it appealing so that the user chooses to check out your website in the results listings and have a look at your page rather than another site).
- Also put the key phrase inside the <H1>, <H2> and <H3> headings tags.
- If you have got pictures on the page, or a movie, put your key phrase or variants of this, inside the <Alt> meta tags belonging to the images.
- Make sure that any words or phrases inside the key words meta area are also found in the observable written content of the webpage.
- Raise stay time and minimize bounce rate: keep your visitors on your web site as long as possible by involving people by using helpful content - a movie clip or a questionnaire, for example. At the same time integrate indented listings: Google loves bulletpoint lists. If visitors click away after just a couple of seconds search engines like Google will be aware of that and determine that the site isn't what users wish to see, and your search rankings in the SERPS will fall as a direct consequence. You can see your bounce level via your Google Analytics data (you do make use of Google Analytics, don't you?).
- Keep your site load time short. The most effective strategy to prevent lengthy loading time is to decrease the size of (meaning size in Kb and not in pixels). Free tools are available for accomplishing this, such as http://www.reduceimages.com/ and http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx. This is also referred to as file compression.
- Include a robots.txt file and upload that to your server.
- Include an XML sitemap file and upload that to your server.
- Include a.htaccess file with code on it for dealing with canonical URLs.
Comply with all of these basic rules and you will be set for Search Engine Optimisation best practice in 2017.
Evaluating an SEO Company
Long tail keywords, whether they happen to be related to insurance or any other business, are typically a three to five word search phrase, though they can be a longer and highly specific search term. These phrases can be relatively broad or extremely narrow, as internet users seek relevant content when searching for information, products and services. Google and Bing search bots index website information including Meta and on page content, and when users enter search phrases, the engines subsequently display their search results allowing users to navigate to the relevant pages (SERP).
Engines offer both organic and paid results, allowing users to select those responses they deem most germane to their query. What does this mean to the average insurance agency, broker or carrier? Insurance agents and brokers need to determine the long tail keyword phrases applicable to their organization and optimize their website for those phrases. Some insurance SEO long tail keyword examples include:
- New Mexico Truck Insurance
- Arizona Machine Shop Insurance
- New York Restaurant Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Florida Property and Commercial Insurance
- New York Coastal Condominium Insurance
The more keywords included in a phrase and the more specific the term, the narrower the results, and the less frequently that term is searched. Conversely, the shorter the phrase (auto insurance for example), the broader the results, and the greater the competition for the phrase. It's important to note that the on page insurance SEO optimization is only part of the job. For effective insurance SEO, off page optimization is extremely important including news releases, social media marketing and ePublishing. Effective long tail research and optimization can and will result in improved insurance website traffic, and when combined with an up to date website and advanced insurance website tools, should translate into an increased book of business.
How does the Google Penguin and other algorithm shifts impact your insurance SEO and long tail keyword initiatives? These types of algorithm shifts were directed at websites that violate Google's Webmaster Guidelines. The algorithm shifts account for greater emphasis on original content and social media than back link popularity. Further, insurance organizations which were focused heavily on backlink building, link swapping and directory submissions, often in pursuit of broader keyword phrases were adversely impacted by this shift. These algorithm shifts actually favor long tails keywords, as the content surrounding those keywords should be very specific, and thus very relevant to both users and search bots (search engine indexing engines). As Google, Bing and other search engines continue efforts to deliver more relevant content, quality content and focus on long tail keywords should be the mantra for an effective insurance SEO initiative.
Though organic insurance SEO and social media marketing is an important aspect of insurance marketing, insurance organizations seeking to rapidly build their pipeline will find the fastest path to B2B insurance lead generation remains insurance eMarketing and appointment setting calls. B2B insurance marketing often requires targeting a very specific niche, carrying a specific value proposition to a predetermined title or titles. For example, an insurance agency might want to discuss restaurant insurance or business interruption policies with dining and entertainment establishments. Though effective use of insurance SEO for this target market is important, agents and brokers should remember that insurance SEO initiatives are only one tool for insurance agency lead generation. Insurance SEO initiatives should be complemented with insurance eMarketing and appointment setting campaigns to ensure optimum lead generation attainment.